If you ever take a leisurely stroll through a lush tea garden and breathe in the invigorating scent of fresh tea leaves, you’d know why green tea is touted the drink of health by many. From an accidental fall into a pot of boiling water to being considered a wonder drink, green tea has scaled great heights, just like the high mountains they grow on! Teas like Basilur Ceylon Green Tea, online are of pristine quality and are quite unique. They are freshly packaged at source, in the tea plantations of Ceylon, with their healthful antioxidant properties intact.
Basilur Ceylon Green Tea is traditional tea with an innovative twist, brought to your doorstep, anywhere in Australia, by Teas-online.
The legend of green tea through the ages
Green tea has been consumed as a medicine in China for over three millennia. Over a period of time, the Chinese started using it as a beverage when the Chinese Emperor Shennong drank warm water into which some tea leaves had fallen!
The earliest reference to this dates back to 2737 B.C. Though tea was initially popular only in Asia, it eventually made its way to Europe and America thanks to European traders.
The British loved their cup of tea so much that it is now their national beverage! Tea journeyed into Ceylon only in the early 1820s when the British brought a tea plant from China and planted it in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya. Since then, there has been no looking back and tea plantations have flourished in various parts of Ceylon, creating a unique brand in itself.
Basilur Tea is proud to perpetuate this rich tradition of superior quality Ceylon green tea, online, brought to the connoisseurs of fine tea in Australia by Teas-online.
The process of making Premier Basilur Ceylon Green Tea
The earliest green tea was not fine as it is now. Green tea was thoroughly cleaned, steamed, and then pressed into cakes, which was ground into a powder. This powder was whisked into a froth in a bowl and drunk. Essentially, this very strong and thick decoction was the tea leaves in powder form. Gradually, the Chinese started steeping loose leaf Green tea. Basilur Tea follows this age-old tradition of cultivating loose leaf green tea.
Processing of Basilur Ceylon green tea involves the following steps:
• Cultivation of Camellia sinensis sinensis.
• The tea leaves are meticulously hand-picked from Tea plantations around the paradise Island.
• The green tea leaves are then subjected to steaming. Steaming is the process of applying gentle heat to the tea leaves that stops the oxidation process. This process exposes the grassy and fresh flavor of Basilur green tea.
• The green tea leaves are then rolled by people who are passionate about their work.
• Basilur Ceylon green tea leaves are not allowed to oxidize after rolling. So, they retain their light color.
• After drying, Basilur Ceylon green tea is immediately packed fresh in foiled packets, with their flavor and aroma intact.
• Basilur Ceylon green tea is then beautifully packaged in trademark containers to be dispatched to our warehouse in Sydney.
Medical properties of Green Tea